Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Same Journey, New Path

Well peeps, I'm going to give it my all again.  There is a reason this is called a challenge... because it's completely challenging!  I guess that's why I've spent the majority of 27 years overweight.  I have been up for the challenge many times in my life and have fallen short.  I've been trying the same thing... which I still believe would work if I could only figure out how to stick with it and not sabotage myself after I get a little success.  I know the key is exercise and eating right.  For some reason, after I start feeling good and succeeding, I just stop.  I don't know why but I am going to work hard to make sure I can fight through those barriers.  I am starting something completely new and foreign to me.  I have never tried anything like it before and I hope it can give me success!  I was approached by a friend, someone I worked with when I worked at the Iowa State Fair throughout High School.  She offered to coach me in a program that she tried and had a great outcome with.  Such a great outcome that, she is now a mentor in the company!  This program that I am going to try is called Take Shape for Life.  I was leery in the beginning because of how the program works.  What they do is "replace your groceries" ...which means you eat their food only.  To be honest, as soon as I found this out, I thought, "Nope, not gonna do it."  I've given it a lot of thought... several months in fact.  I was actually still with Weight Watchers when she first approached me.  (P.S. -I still really like W.W. and I think it's a great program to teach you portion control, how to eat healthier, and the benefit of exercise.  I don't know what happened.  I just slowly started not counting my points and got out of control and eventually quit.  It is something I would try again, though.  Although, I hope I don't have to! :))  Anywho... I began thinking that maybe it would be a good thing to try what Mandy was offering.  She has been posting so many success stories on Facebook... so, I know it works.  Then I heard the quote that goes something like, "Nothing will change until you change something."  I know I need to make changes in my habits.  So, I'm hoping this new program will be that stepping stone to get my on my way.  I've committed myself to one month.  If I can get through one month, I will do two months.  I vow to be completely engaged in the program during the month.  At the end of the month, if I decide it's not working for me, I guess I will have to decide what I will do at that time.  I know if I stay committed in the program, I will lose weight.  I know it's going to be hard and I'm going to have a lot of temptations but I have to remember how important this is to me.  Along with the program, I'm going to start hitting the gym again.  I'm going to make my goal 3 times per week.  My first goal date is May 12th.  That date is my friend Andrea's wedding.  (sounds familiar, huh... I guess I like wedding goal dates- HA)  I hope to be 299 lbs by her wedding day.  Since last fall, unfortunately, I've gained some weight back.  The last time I weighted myself, which was last week, I weighed 330 lbs. 

I realized I haven't even explained the program.  So, they replace your meals with their food.  You eat 5-6 "meals" a day.  I say "meals" because I think it's like a shake, a bar, or some other small portioned nutrient packed food.  ....and viola! Skinny Megan! :)  haha  The order is being put in tomorrow so I, hopefully, should be able to start next week.  I'll be back with pictures and measurements... although, I doubt they've changed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment