Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 2

Today went great!  I'm starting to wonder if I will end this week in a loss.  I just don't feel like I'm doing something that will help me lose weight! 

I was so proud of myself today.  There was a delicious looking lemon cake at work just waiting for me to have a piece.  I did not even smell it!  Then one of the students brought bars that looked so good!  It was a chocolate, marshmallow, rice krispie concoction.  Looked pretty tasty.  I think it made it easier to turn down when my boss who is pretty healthy turned it down, too.  She made a comment how she had a piece of the lemon cake and that was enough for her.  I thought, skinny people turn down treats.  Guess what, turning down those treats did not make me feel anything but good.  I felt a twinge of wishing I could go for it but it passed quickly.  Truthfully, all I could think about was how I'm grateful for this program.  When I was on Weight Watchers I would have had a piece of both and try to guess what the points would be... most likely under estimating.  I feel satisfaction knowing that I'm training my mind and body to know what it's like to have proper nutrition. 

        Tonight for my lean and green I made buffalo chicken wraps. MMM!
              2 C. lettuce for wrap, 1/2 C. sliced tomato, 6 oz. chicken breast,
        ranch vinaigrette spray, and a couple drizzles of Frank's Red Hot sauce

I love buffalo chicken wraps... although usually I have them with tortilla wraps and blue cheese.  These were equally as good... although next time I will add a little more of the hot sauce.  I don't like it burning hot but to have a little zing to it.  This hot sauce has 0 calories, 0 fat, and 0 carbs.
I think I might make one of the soft serves tonight.  I keep having acid reflux.  Maybe the coolness will calm it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment