Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DAY 1!

It has been a really good day!  This morning my alarm went off and I quickly reset it... but I didn't fall back asleep, like normal.  I laid there and thought about the day ahead of me.  I was nervous and excited.  I laid there for a few minutes and decided to get up.  I had packed my lunch for the day last night so I was all ready to go.  I decided to put a bag of frozen chicken in the crockpot.  I sprinkled on some Mrs. Dash Original Flavor.  I left for work early and on my way I had a fruit and nut crunch bar at about 7:00.  By 8:30 or so I was starting to feel hungry.  I didn't realize until this evening that part of the reason I was probably feeling hungry was because that's the time I normally have breakfast at work.  Instead of eating I remembered my water goal and filled up my jug.  I had oatmeal at 10:00 and it was good.  At 1:00 I decided to make my soup.  I wasn't exactly feeling really hungry but it had been 3 hours.  I made chicken and rice soup.  The directions say to watch to make sure it doesn't boil over.  I figured since my mug was so deep that it would never boil over... think again!  I opened up the microwave and my soup was all over the microwave in a little pool.... bummer.  Oh well, lesson learned!  I really liked the soup.  At 4:30 I made a chocolate shake to take with me to go home.  I was feeling a bit hungry by then.  When I picked up my kids I accidentally slammed my 2 yr old daughter, Kylee's thumb in the car door.  Poor thing!  I spent the next 45min to an hour comforting her.  I threw together some leftovers for the kids and started making my lean and green.  I was starting to feel pretty hungry by this time.  I decided to use the chicken I had put in the crockpot and made a salad.  I started eating it and guess who wanted to share lettuce with me?  Kylee!  She ate a bowl of lettuce with me!  (her own bowl)  I was so impressed and excited!  That proves that my eating habits reflect my kids eating habits and I will be setting them up for a bright, healthy future.

                                                 Here is my first lean and green.
                               1 3/4 C. lettuce, 1/4 C. grape tomatoes, 1/2 C. cucumbers,
                                    6 oz. chicken breast, and ranch vinaigrette spritzer. 

Remember that water goal?  I SMASHED it today!  I had 6 jugs of water at work and have had one since I've been home!!!  I couldn't go 20 minutes with out having to go to the bathroom! haha!  I have an hour drive home with really nowhere to stop along the way.  I had to urgently go to the bathroom and quickly drove off onto a gravel road, pulled over into a field driveway, looked around and went right there.  I have to admit, it's not the first time I've had to stop on a gravel road but usually it's not daylight! haha  I also stopped after work and got my new water bottle!  Guess what?!  It was on sale!  Definitely meant to be!
This water bottle is a 1 L. /32 oz. bottle.  So it's the same as my water jug at work.  Since my water goal is half my weight in fluid ounces.  My goal is 167 oz.  That's a little over 5 jugs/bottles.  I have been adding a Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch pack to my water.  It helps to give a little flavor and it's 10 calories, 0 fat, 2 carbs per pack.  It's just like the Crystal Lite packs but cheaper.  The directions are one pack for 16 oz water but I think one pack for 32 oz is good.

I weighed myself when I got to work and as I suspected, I had gained in the last couple weeks.  I also took measurements tonight.

Weight: 334 lbs.
BMI: 47
Neck: 16 1/2"
Rt. arm: 20"
Lt. arm: 19"
Rt. thigh: 32 1/2"
Lt. thigh: 32 1/2"
Rt. calf: 20 1/2"
Lt. calf: 19 1/2"
Chest: 60"
Upper waist (smallest): 49 1/2"
Lower waist (at belly button): 61 1/2"
Hips (under belly, around butt): 51 1/2"
Symphysis to sternum: 30"

I do feel the urge to eat more now that I am home.  I have always grazed while at home and I've had the urges this evening.  I still have one Medifast meal left so I have knowing that I have that to eat in my head.

So far, I am still so excited about this program.  It takes most of the guess work out of my day.  Right now, I only have to think about one meal a day.  The rest are already mapped out for me.  I do have the options of what I want to choose for my Medifast meals, which is kinda exciting. :)  Also, the foods I had today were pretty good!

It's going to be hard, but I'm going to try my best to wait to step on that scale until next Wednesday.  I want that shock (hopefully)!  I think if I slowly watched my weight go down during the week it will take away some of the excitement at the end of week one.  Also, it will make me obsessed with the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment