Friday, September 16, 2011

Pictures

June 9, 2011
September 16, 2011

June 9, 2011
September 16, 2011

June 9, 2011
September 16, 2011

I wanted to update my new measurements with new pictures, too!  It was a little overcast today so the brightness of the pictures are different and it's a little hard to see details like the first ones.  I wore the same pants and was going to wear the same shirt but decided that it wasn't that big of a deal.  The pictures don't "scream" change, but I can see overall results!

Today I didn't work and I wasn't going to make a special trip to S.C. just to go to the gym.  I decided I wanted to dig my bike out and go for a bike ride.  My initial intentions were to ride my bike to Mapleton (6-7 miles) and meet my friend, Kylee, to go for a walk, then ride my bike back home.  Well, the walk wasn't going to workout and I was initially bummed because I really wanted to try to make it to Mapleton, but I decided that I'd go for a bike ride anyways.  I called up my friend, Mindi, to see what she was up to.  She was going to be around... now I have a "reason" to go to Mapleton!  I got my bike out and the tires were really low.  Probably because it hadn't been touched in at least a year.  I got Jeremy to air them up... since I don't really know how to make the air compressor run.  I dug my helmet out and spent about a half hour adjusting it to make sure it fit right.  I downloaded a couple songs and made a little play list of my current favorites.  I grabbed my cell and a little cash just in case I needed to stop for something to drink when I arrived.  I was finally on my way!  I rode a couple blocks and had to stop to adjust my seat height.  By the way, my legs are still sore from Wednesday!  I'm not sure if it's from the Group Power class or riding the bike at the gym so much... probably a combination of the two.  It was pretty chilly out today but I wore a hoodie and was pretty comfortable.  I got about a mile or so outside of town and stopped because I wanted to adjust the seat height again.  Something just didn't feel right.  I thought the seat had been slipping down or something.  When I stopped, I realized what I thought I had noticed before... my back tire was pretty low again.  I don't know if it just didn't get aired up enough, there was a leak, or the temperature outside was causing it to go down.  Whatever reason it was I knew I wasn't going to make it to Mapleton and headed back to Danbury.  The way back was worse I think.  The wind was coming at me from my right side and was blowing my pants into my chain, I felt like the wind picked up, my legs were burning, and I was nervous about the status of my tire.  I made it home but was a little bummed that I didn't get to go further.  In hindsight, it's probably a good thing because I'm not sure if I would have made the whole trip.  I think that it's going to have to be something I work up to... or try on a more temperate day.  I was still out riding for about a half hour, though! ...I should measure my trip because it must be more than a mile out of town.  I can't imagine that I only rode 2 miles in a half hour.

This weekend I have to work and it's also my birthday on Sunday!  I'm not sure what I will get in for workouts this weekend.  I could go to the gym tomorrow morning but I don't really want to have to make two trips to and from Sioux City.  Sunday I could go before work but I think I want to spend as much time at home with everyone before I have to go to work.  I really should do something this weekend since I have to weigh in on Monday.  I'm trying really hard to get as close as I can to a 4-5 lb loss.  We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment