Tuesday, April 24, 2012

1 Month!

Wow this week has flown by!!  Sadly, I didn't meet the exercise goals I intended on achieving.  My plan was to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred on the days I was home and go to the gym on the days I work.  I didn't do the 30DS at all and yesterday I didn't go to the gym!  Yesterday, time got away from me.  Brayden didn't have school due to teachers meetings and I was running around doing various things.  I AM going today and tomorrow.

I have officially been on TSFL for 1 month... as of a few days ago.  It's hard to remember that one month ago I was over 26 lbs heavier than I am now.  I can't wait to see where I'm at one month from now!!

With my lack of exercise and eating a little bit of off plan foods here and there, I figured I'd be sitting the same as last week.  I jumped on the scale yesterday.  I did it mostly to give myself a little boost to kick it in gear.  Well, it worked ... but in a positive way!  I was down 3 lbs!  So, I can still make my 4-5 lb goal for the week!! :)

I really, really like this program.  I do find myself mixing in Weight Watchers ideas in with it though.  I know it's not exactly the right way to do it but I guess a lot of the information from that program is still in my head.  So, as everyone knows you get a certain amount of "points" for the day with W.W.  With this program you have the exact amount you are going to consume laid out for you (pretty much).  W.W. gives you a weekly ration to use however you want... kinda like fun money.  So, sometimes when I eat a little bit of off plan food, I think of it as my fun money.  So far I have been having success but I figure eventually it will catch up with me.  I also imagine that I could be losing more weight each week.  I guess, I think to myself, if letting myself have a little bite of this or that every now and then helps me to stay sane and on the right track, I'm ok with it.  Believe me, I turn down TONS of things I never would have before.  I think I'm doing GREAT! :)

I'm also pretty excited because my dad and I are starting to plan out our garden!!  Last year we did our first garden.  My dad has done a garden before, so really it was the first one for me.  Last year, I didn't get to help out as much because I was doing all my CT clinicals and EMT training and had no time!  Also, the girls were little and it was hard to just go up there and let them run.  Our garden is at "the acreage", which is the land I grew up on.  It's a few acres on the north part of our town.  10 years ago our house burned down but my mom still owns the property.  We have our garden in the area the house used to be.  It was tilled yesterday so we can start putting seeds in the ground soon!  We have to plan out where everything is going to go first.  My dad is going to draw something up for us to go by.  It will be nice to eat my lean and greens right from my very own garden!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your weight loss Megan!! You are doing great and I bet you feel better already! Be careful about getting into that habit of straying off plan, though... my hubs began doing that and then when his losses slowed and stopped - he had the hardest time getting back on and staying strict, because he trained himself to sneak off plan here and there. Just be cautious - phase 1 in only temporary. I'm sure you will cruise through this and reach your goal.. and then maintain it.

    It's SOOO worth it.
    Keep rockin' on!!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. A couple weeks ago I had a few things off plan and it has been hard to go back to being strictly on plan. I know I need to get my head completely in the game. I'll have to go one day at a time.

    Thank you for your encouragement Margene!!

    ReplyDelete