Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Semi-Success

So, my Easter weekend went... OK.  Saturday, we went to a birthday party for my father-in-law.  I took my food and planned on staying on plan.  I did!  I did had a couple little pickles which I remember seeing somewhere as ok.  That night I came home and made my lean and green, then went to a friends house.  She just had a baby and wanted to have a couple drinks.  I went over and took my water bottle and a pop (which I have been doing soo good with!  -maybe 2-3 a week!)  She had a wine cooler and we just hung out and talked.  It was nice... it's pretty easy for me to turn down alcohol because I don't drink very often anyway.  I came home and put together Easter baskets.  I did get a little candy to put in eggs but I also got quarters and a few dollar bills.  ...I didn't think my 2 year olds would appreciate or be very excited about money... and they weren't really.  I didn't have a single piece of candy the entire Easter weekend!  Easter day we went to my mom's house.  I took salmon patties, asparagus, and cheesy potatoes (as requested by my mom.)  They made steaks, a pasta salad (with pasta, vegetables, pepperoni, and Italian dressing), and bread pudding.  I had originally planned on just having the salmon and asparagus but my temptations took over and I had a little bit of cheesy potatoes and pasta.  Then afterwards I had a little piece of the bread pudding.  I didn't beat myself up about it but knew it had to be a one time thing.  Also, since we went outside and were busy the rest of the day, I only got in 3 of my Medifast meals.  Monday was better but I let myself slip again a little... I can see how one thing can spiral into more bad choices easily.  At supper time, I made my kids mashed potatoes and gravy and I had 2 spoons of it.  I don't really know why.  Earlier, at work, I had to fight off eating this bagel dip ... the kind with the dried beef and parsley in it.  For some reason, it was getting to me.  I did the meanest thing... I just told myself that "fat people eat that stuff."  It's not exactly true because thin people were eating it but for some reason telling myself that eating that stuff is how you get fat helped to get me through it and not eat it.  ...but then when I got home I couldn't stop myself from taking a bite of mashed potatoes and gravy.  Well, today is a new day and I can start fresh today.  I know that my weight loss for this week will be lower and I'm ok with that.  As long as I know that my little mistakes will not stop me from getting to my goal.  Of course, it will slow me down.

                         Here is a picture from this weekend.  All of us riding.
                   My sister(Molly), Kylee, Ainslee, Me, Brayden, and my mom.

Last night I made an awesome lean and green!  I'm going to make it tonight for my whole family!  It's the cauliflower pizza!  I've seen it on so many blogs and my coach sent me the recipe, too.  I knew I had to try it!
                                                   MMMM!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job having no Easter candy!! We LOVE the cauliflower pizza... even my kids love it! Yum!! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete