Thursday, May 3, 2012

WOWZA!!!

You guys are never going to believe this... this weeks weight loss is... 8 POUNDS!  I was soo shocked!!  YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?! 

#1. I am UNDER 300 POUNDS!  Never again will my weight start with a "3"!  YES!!

#2. I have officially surpassed my goal of reaching 299 lbs by Andrea's wedding. 

I am so excited!

Also, on the agenda of totally awesome... I did a class at the gym today!!  I did Group Ride.  Which is a spinning class.  I've been wanting to, but have been too chicken to try it, but I finally got the courage ...with the help of my friend Jodi, assuring me that I wouldn't die... I survived and it was FUN!!  I got there early to make sure I had my bike set up how it's supposed to be.  There were a couple people in there that helped me.  Then more people came in and the instructor came in.  He asked if there were any new people and I raised my hand.  He came back and helped me get my bike set up.  He put the handles down and raised the seat up.  Perfect!  We started out and I was doing well.  Then we stood.  My legs were burning so much!!  I thought... How the heck am I going to get through this.  I can't stand and pedal worth a darn!  Then he said.. and that's the warm up... LOL!  Wow this is going to be interesting.  But you know what?  I really got the hang of it and by the end I was standing for a long time and pedaling while were were "going up a big hill."  It was so much FUN!!  There was an older guy next to me that was really nice.  He asked me a couple times during the class how I was doing and at the end he told me I did a good job.  :)  There is one thing that I noticed.  While riding, my knees and thighs kept running into my tummy and boobs.  It will be nice when they get smaller so I don't have to have that contact.  The instructor told me afterwards that I will probably be sore and it will take a couple weeks of going a couple times a week to get used to the seat.  I don't feel too bad right now.  Next time I will have to turn up the intensity a little bit more.  I was worried this time about pushing myself too much and getting too worn out by the end.  Don't get me wrong... I was pretty worn out at the end and my legs felt like rubber.  I sweat soo much, too!  I thought it was funny when I stood my sweat would hit the front wheel. ...it was worse because in the beginning of the class I dropped my towel and I wasn't going to get off to pick it up.  I'm so glad I went!

What a GREAT DAY!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is awesome! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Congrats on your totally superb loss and working out!! I'm smilin' big for ya right now!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete