Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mediterranean Dish

I found this recipe and modified it.  It was originally a torte.  It's perfect because our spinach in the garden is ready!  I used it in tonight's supper!  Last year, a lot of our fresh produce went to waste because I didn't know how to fix it.  This year, I know I will be using all of our produce!

I think the steam fogged my lens because the picture is a little blurry.  I might try it with chicken next time.  I think it would turn out good.  Or maybe bake chicken and saute the spinach to go with it.  I don't know... just another idea for all of the fresh spinach we will be getting.

The recipe...

Mediterranean Dish

1 lb hamburger
1/2 medium onion, chopped
Italian seasoning
2-3 cloves garlic minced
pepper
garlic salt
paprika
cayenne pepper
12 cups fresh spinach
shredded mozzarella

In a deep dish on the stove top, add hamburger, onion, garlic, and all of the seasoning (I don't measure my spices... just eyeball it) and brown hamburger.  Once hamburger is browned, drain any grease. (I use the highest percentage I can find so there is basically nothing to drain.)  Start adding the spinach in in about 3-4 batches.  Stir.  The spinach will wilt.  Once all spinach is in and wilted it's ready.  I use 1/4 of the pot and add a little shredded cheese. (In the pic it's cheddar but the recipe asks for mozzarella... I just didn't have any.)




No comments:

Post a Comment