Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.  Remember the ones that have served for our country.  Every Memorial Day for the last 15 years (approx), I have played Taps for the Danbury Cemetery Services.  I play once at the Otto Cemetery, named after my great uncle Harry that was killed in WWII and is buried in the cemetery.  Then we go to the Danbury Cemetery and play twice, once for the Catholic cemetery and once for the public cemetery.  Today, my last playing was terrible!  I was so embarrassed.  I will have to practice and make sure my lips are ready next year.  I forgot to have Jeremy take pictures at the Otto cemetery.  I stood right next to Uncle Harry's grave.  He did take pictures at the Danbury cemetery, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment