Friday, June 10, 2011

Zoo Day

Today was Brayden's birthday and we celebrated by going to the zoo.  We spent all afternoon there.  If any of you know the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, then you know that it's pretty big and has quite a few steep hills.  We had the girls in the stroller and Jeremy and I took turns pushing it.  The last hill we went up I pushed the stroller and I was pretty much out of breath by the time we got to the top!  It was so fun to spend the day with the family.  Before we reached Omaha, we stopped at a rest stop and had a lunch that we packed.  It was a simple lunch, but we figured it was better than getting food in the zoo.  Also, it was really nice out so it was nice sitting at the rest stop at a picnic table.  We didn't have to worry about people or anything really.  There was a nervous sparrow flying around and about half way through our lunch we realized there was a nest in the roof above our picnic table.

Brayden is playing a game and since it's his birthday, I figured I'd let him play.  I could kick him off and send him to bed so I can do my 30DS but... to be honest... I kinda don't feel like it.  I am going to use the pathetic excuse that I walked a lot today and it was a pretty good workout pushing the stroller up a few hills.  Right now, I'm having fun watching him play the Wii.

I was looking at some pictures I have and found one that I feel represents me.  I think I may have posted this before but I like it.  I do feel like a skinny, athletic girl, stuck in a big girl body.  I do feel like I could just unzip and walk right out.

 Jeremy and I were looking through an old photo album of mine and I envied the girl in the photos.  If I could only go back and tell that girl that she wasn't as disgustingly fat and ugly as she thought she was.  I didn't let it hold me back as much as I feel I do now.  I will scan some of those pictures and show you all.  I was quite the catch in High School! haha :) My skinniest is still 7th grade though.  I came to 7th grade after jumping on our trampoline every single day all summer.  I didn't even realize it then but I slimmed down quite a bit from 6th to 7th grade.

I scanned a couple of the pictures... they are both from prom, I believe, so we are all dressed up with our hair and everything nice.  I like these pictures and am excited to feel pretty like this again... to feel good when I see a picture of myself.  It does kinda seem like I'm down on myself or that I'm having a pity party but I guess that's how I feel.

This one is with my best friend, Linda.

This one is with a girl I went to H.S. with, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment