Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 1 of 30 Day Shred....

I set my alarm to get up earlier... something I've done many times! but!... this time I actually got up when it went off! haha I got up and zombie-like walked around aimlessly, trying to wake up. I decided to open the drawer that held the DVD of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I pulled it out and walked over to the recliner and sat down. I sat there holding it with my eyes closed hoping just holding it would give me some momentum to actually get up and do it. Finally, I opened my eyes and started looking at it, reading everything on it. Then, I opened it....to find no disc! What the heck?! I knew it had to be in one of the 100 other DVD cases and I def. wasn't going to go searching thru all them cause who knows if it's even there! I did search around a little tho... that stinks! So, instead of doing something else productive, I checked out Facebook for a little bit...made B some breakfast and started getting ready for work/clinicals. On my way to work I decided that I should just get another DVD, if it's cheap enough. I could spend the next 30 days looking for the one I already have somewhere or get another one. I figured when I find the other one, I will give it to my sister. So, I pulled into Target, ran in and found where they were and it was only $9.00! -So I got it! I know I could have gotten it cheaper on Amazon but I didn't want to put off starting any longer. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better "Day 1"! haha

In food world, I went over my daily points by a bit. I know I have the weekly extra points to fall back on, but I am going to try to work towards not using them.

This weekend I work, but I still want to make sure to get some working out in my day! Beyond the 30DS I want to do my other 2 days of walking I promised myself I would do this week. I told myself I would do 3 days of walking this week.

So, my friend, Kylee, is getting married this coming October. I am using her wedding as my goal date. I would LOVE to be the weight I was at when I got pregnant with Brayden....274 lbs. That would mean I would have to average 3.5 lbs per week until her wedding. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! I'm not sure if this is a goal I want to set for myself or not. I think a secondary goal (haha) should be 289, which would be lower than I have been since I had Brayden. A couple years ago, a couple friends and I (Kylee, actually) worked out quite a bit and I ended up losing a good amount of weight...but it was so hard to keep up that workout schedule and still have time to be with my family, so, it kept slowing down until it finally just stopped. Anyways, the DVD of 30DS says you can lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days... that would pretty much be 5 lbs per week. So, I figure, if I can do that, that would take down the average per week to almost 3 lbs per week. ....I think too much about all this. I should just get to work and see what comes of it! lol Another note about the wedding is the dress I ordered. I took my measurements and called them in. I said I wanted to order a size smaller than what the measurements suggested but she didn't think that was a very good idea because "it's a lot easier to bring in than let out". I figure they have a lot of girls that say they will lose weight before a wedding and end up having problems with the alteration. As long as it all works out...I don't care!

Weekend Goals
-track all points
-do not go over daily points
-walk 3 miles Saturday and Sunday
-do 30DS both days
-get measurements and "before" pictures taken and posted
-burn some calories doing some housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment