Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is almost here!

So, I decided to start blogging about my weight loss adventure. I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. Now, after all my babies have been born I had gotten to the highest weight I had EVER seen! On January 10, 2010 I started working to lose weight and better myself healthwise. I hear good advice here and there and thought this would be a great place to put those little bits of advice.

Since January I have lost 25 lbs.! I have changed my eating habits quite a bit...although I have a lot of room for improvement. Mostly, I have excercised more. I am so glad spring is coming because I can't wait to get outside more! I went for a walk outside on my route today, and mapped it out on runningmap.com... 3.44miles! I thought it was only 3 miles so that was a nice suprise. I am doing a 5K the first week of April...it's a go at your own pace sort of thing so I will be able to walk. So, I decided that my route would be perfect for training. I started my walk with the intentions of running parts here and there but after the first block of running I had a terrible bra malfunction which took me the next 3-4 blocks to descretly fix and decided no more running for today. I will remember a sports bra next time and try it again. I hope to one day be able to run the entire route! I took my Ipod and put it on shuffle...the songs that came up were all perfect. I like the songs to be upbeat enough because I usually walk to the beat. Plus, it keeps me in a good mood and makes me forget about the time. I usually get lost in my thoughts when I go for walks. It has always proven to be a good stress reliever.

Today, I was invited to go with a group from work to do the first day of RAGBRAI. I thought...that would be a great challenge and I have been thinking that I'm going to bike a lot more ...although I am visualizing myself on the side of the road crying at about mile 5. Hopefully, I'll be at a fitness level that I can do it!

So, as the title states...I am out to become half my size!

No comments:

Post a Comment