Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Carbs, Coach, and Other Tips

I have always thought that the low/no carb diets were crazy. Who could go without carbs! Well, I am going to try and do a modified version of that diet. I am going to try and not eat carbs past my afternoon snack. That way the carbs will have time to burn off before I go to bed at night and I won't have to worry about them storring in my body. It will definately be a challenge for me as the ultimate carboholic...but it will be worth it!

I should also introduce my "coach." I have a very good friend that is helping me out a lot on my weight loss adventure. She is a huge reason that I am still in the game. I don't think I have ever lasted this long on trying to loose weight. She pushes me and keeps me thinking about what is important. She also gives me great pointers on excercises and diet. She was the one that told me about what she does with carbs. She said it's better to eat carbs at breakfast and a little at lunch but after that try not to. The other day I sent my food log for the day to her and she went through the whole thing and critiqued it. I was very grateful for that because she can pick out things that I might not have noticed.

A good pointer she gave me that I am going to try and use is...during my long commute....be prepared! Make sure I have a bottle of water and a bag of carrotts to munch on. That way I won't be tempted to stop at a quick stop for pop and chips or a cookie or something. For me...when I eat and drive it's all mindless eating anyway. I could eat an entire bag of cookies and get home and not remember it.

Tomorrow I am going to try and go to the gym! I really need a good workout. Today, I was so exhausted I took the kids to school and daycare and went back home and slept until it was time to leave for work! I didn't have time to prepare my lunch so I did a quick stop at Colberts and got a lean cuisine, grapes, grapefruit, apples, and carrotts. I didn't have any fruit at home so I thought I'd get a little for the next couple days.

I really am feeling good about myself. My scrubs are getting baggy which is pretty cool and I think the pair of jeans that is fitting right now are getting a little looser! Considering in January they wouldn't even come close to buttoning...I'm pretty proud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment