Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ab Challenge Day 1

I just did Day 1 of the Ab Challenge.  The part I was most nervous about was the Sit Ups and I actually could do a sit up fairly well.  I helped myself just a little bit by putting my hands under my thighs in the middle of the sit up, I didn't have to pull myself up, just a little tug and then I touched the couch (cause I had my feet under the couch).  I could do the crunches and the leg lifts pretty easily.  Then there was the plank... I could barely get myself into a plank pose!  It pulled on my lower back so much and was kinda painful.  I went up into what was as close to the pose as I could get and counted to 5 (quickly).  Then I took a second and talked myself into getting up into it again and counted to 5 (again, quickly).  Hopefully, this portion of the routine gets a little easier.

I actually had fun shopping the other day! :)  I went with my mom.  I got a pair of jeans and a pair of capris.  Then we went down a few stores and I got a pair of tennis shoes (do you call them tennis shoes?... I usually say something like, Tenna-Shoes haha).  Also, a pair of shoes my mom found and thought were cool... they are like MaryJane Crocks and are pretty comfy.  I'll have to see if I can take some pics.

A few days ago I was invited to a Body By Vi party.  I decided to go because I wanted to see what it was all about.  They started out by making samples for everyone to try.  The first sample was orange julius.  The second sample was butterfinger... pretty yummy.  I can't remember what they called the third sample but it was a lot thicker than the others and was like mango/pineapple/orange type flavored. I really liked it, especially how it was thicker, kinda like sorbet-ish.  The fourth sample may have been my favorite... it was coffee flavored, like iced coffee -so good!  After they had you taste the samples, we watched an informative video.  Then the sales lady talked about her story.  She has lost 92 lbs and went from a size 22 to a size 12 in 9 months.  That's pretty impressive but I was most impressed about the fact that she has 7 kids! haha  I decided to order some.  I ordered the smallest package.  I thought I'd just try it.  I thought if I just used it once a day it would help.  I would have one meal already set out for me, plus I would be getting more nutrition than I might otherwise.  A couple of my friends drink it and seem to like it.  We'll see how it goes and if I want to switch to the two shakes a day program.

Also... since I'm going crazy with everything... I ordered a couple workout DVD's!  I should be getting them in the mail in a couple days, so I'll fill you in on all of that when they come.  I'm pretty excited, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment