Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Stork has Arrived!

Hey Friends!!  I'm proud to announce my new daughter!!

Annika Abbe
7lbs 9oz 22in
born June 16th 

I had a scheduled c-section because the girls were born that way and my area doesn't offer VBAC's but she had other plans.  She totally came by surprise!  Here is how my day went...

My friend Andrea called me in the morning and her and I met up with our kids at a local park for our kids to play and to have a little picnic.  It was pretty nice out and sunny.  There was a picnic table there but it was in the sun so we moved it a few feet into the shade... Andrea is also pregnant now! ...so two pregnant women moving a picnic table... not our smartest move.  Soon after that I felt like I was peeing my pants a little... which I thought was really weird and really irritating.  I stupidly went throughout the day thinking that I was peeing my pants.  I finally told Jeremy about it and how irritating it was.  He suggested my water could have broken... but I didn't believe him.  An hour or two later I started to believe him.  We were having a grill out at our house for Father's Day.  I decided after my dad and sister got there that I better get checked out.  We headed to the hospital, which is an hour away.  On the way we had to stop for gas, return a couple Redbox movies, and stop at Walgreens for an SD card for the video camera.  About 10 minutes into our drive I realized I was having contractions about 3 minutes apart lasting about 30 seconds... thankfully they weren't painful (since we made all the stops... which Jeremy still laughs about).  We got to the hospital and they confirmed my water had broken.  Everyone started moving pretty quickly and a couple hours later she was born!  Best Father's Day present I have ever given!!

My day now consists of sitting around holding and feeding her.  The last couple days I have wanted to get out of the house.  The bad thing is, during the day I want to protect Annika from the sun and heat and in the evening when it cools down a little, the mosquito's are out and in attack mode.

We do plan on getting out for the 4th of July.  See a parade, maybe go to a rodeo, and see some fireworks.  Have a fun and safe weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love her name! She is beautiful just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! :) You are so sweet

    ReplyDelete