Sunday, June 17, 2012

Triathlete?!

So... I decided I'm going to do a triathlon!!  The one I'm looking at is in September.  It's 2 days before my birthday... what a great present to myself.  Finishing my first triathlon!  The idea had been in the back of my mind and lately it seems that someone has been trying to tell me something... I've been seeing triathlon things everywhere!!  I read a blog about a girl that lost a bunch of weight and started doing triathlons... then I was reading a magazine and there was info about triathlons... I decided then that I would do one.  I got on Amazon and ordered a few books to help me learn how to train and how, when the day comes, to actually do the event and what to expect.  It's different than just a plain 5K.  That's pretty simple to figure out... you start at the start line and run till the finish line.  There is no transitions to worry about.

I lost 3 lbs this week.  I am having weak moments that I need to work on, though.  I'm going to try to make this week really count.  I'd like to be down to my current goal of 273 by next week.  If I work hard, I know I can accomplish it.

OH and if anyone wants to join me in the triathlon... it's in Iowa City on September 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment